Single & Picky or Single & Afraid?

*Wednesday, 5th March 2008*

Many guys asks me this question lately.

"How come you're still single?"

And I answered:

"Cos 1. I'm not physically attractive 2. Lazy to meet new people and 3. I'm picky."

Yeah, everyone know that I'm picky.

So, how picky am I actually? I don't think I know the answer... you know, it's pretty much like a spontaneous reaction. It's like you saw something nice at the mall and immediately you say, "Hey, that's nice!"

Does that mean that I'm picky?

I don't think I'm picky, to be honest. It's just that the feeling is not there. You know, the moment you saw the guy and suddenly you realize that you can't keep your eyes away from him. You realize that you must get his attention on you. You realize that you must get his contact number no matter what.

It might sounded like love at first sight but who cares.

It's not that I didn't try to pursue the guy I'm interested with (let's call him Mr. A)... I did but he didn't seem to have the same feeling on me. I did asked him out for lunch, dinner, movie and even tried to celebrate V-Day with him but was rejected. So I stop. Recently, I noticed that he's in a relationship. Although I feel a bit disappointed, I do hope that he's happy.

It's been a year since my previous relationship, and sometimes, I felt that I don't know how to fall in love anymore. Maybe I'm afraid to get hurt again. Or maybe I'm not ready (but how come I will feel lonely!? Blehh....) Oh well....

Photobucket
Waiting... and waiting...

9 comments:

Ganymede said...

*hugs

Now I shall go sit in the corner and cry.

I get so emotional easily these days...

Jason said...

QR,
Aiyoh, why ler? *hugs

Glog said...

Awwww...
Why suddenly these two could get emo?

Come on...
Relationships are not stacked on a shelf and we can take it at anytime we want...

Its ok to be single! I have been single all my life... Can bedepressing at times but its actually not as bad and people keep telling me that relationships are overated! Though I very much wanna taste it...
Hahaha
come on, If someone dated you before, you know youa re not half bad and you may not be that picky after all!!!

Janvier said...

Erm, lesse...on points:
1) You lie!
2) You LIE!!
3) You l-

OK, not everyone gets their Tuxedo Mask dropping in on them. You're not being overly picky lah, but you're looking for that chemistry. :)

Jason said...

Glog,
Sometimes when it struck you, it's kinda bad. Well, the "not half bad" was already history lo, now might turned into "bad all around" already :P

Janvier,
La.. I might be lying in point 2 :P
Now you know :)

adrien said...

don't you dare leave the singles club. i mean, i'm president! :p

Jason said...

Adrien,
Yes yes, Mr. President T_T

EarlGreyTea said...

i could totally relate to the occasional thought u had, "... maybe i dont know how to fall in love again ...?"

I was having similar thoughts... for the longest time... in the range of years ok.

but when it come, it comes.

when will it come, no one knows for sure
will it ever come, to be honest, no one knows for sure

just hang in there, the more u meet, the better the chances.

Jason said...

EGT,
Starting all over again is quite tiring... and age is catching up too :(