Doom

*Thursday, 28th February 2008*

Something strucked me yesterday.
Not physically but mentally.

A reader sent me messages on MSN yesterday. He said that he's not having a good day. I asked him why.

"My friend, Y committed suicide after he was diagnosed with HIV."

Photobucket



At first, I thought he might be joking so I replied with a "shocked" emoticon but then, I realised he's serious. My fingers suddenly went numb and I can't think of anything or how to reply him.

This is the second news I heard on gay guys commiting suicide. The first one, who happens to my housemate's friend, jumped to his doom from his apartment in Cheras few months ago.

According to my reader, X has been clowning around, got the virus and then asked his boyfriend, Y to go for a blood test. When Y found out that the result was a positive one, he cut himself at home.

"When I went to the house today, X was crying and begging for forgiveness from the parents."

I have seen many couples who has been together faithfully for several years and they're still at it. They gave me the solid impression (something that I can't find back in my hometown) that despite staying in this big city where temptations are lurking in every corner, being gay isn't just about sex, fun and pleasure.

Why people still do it eventhough they know it will hurt their partner?
Where are all the commitments and promises you made when you hold his hand for the first time?

Before you do something, do this. Think. Exercise your brain. You can make a difference.

May Y rest in peace.

"Nobody deserves your tears,
but whoever deserves them will not make you cry."
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez -

13 comments:

Janvier said...

Suicide. Escapism. Sigh.

If we were to use our jaded point of view, it's because as men we also do this:
Think with our dicks. Exercise our dicks. The difference of men and women.
Being men we do think of sex, fun and pleasure more.

Let Y find eternal peace and X his closure.

ernie said...

well said janvier...

may Y rest in peace in the arms of an angels and let us who still breath air in this world think before act and never regret anything that happened...

Ganymede said...

I think I'm gonna cry again... First Magus's blog and now this.

Sigh.

I feel sad for X and Y but shit happens I guess.

William said...

The trust. The shock. All gone.

Alex said...

Sad. Not the first, not the last.

Little Prince said...

we can only learn from their mistakes.
but being humans... we thrive to make mistakes.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear that...My condolences.

MrBunnyBan said...

That's terrible! Haiz... goes to show how important it is to get someone trustworthy.

Medie007 said...

poor fella

Sam said...

Must you always make us cry!?

Jason said...

Dear all,

The reader (Y's friend) dropped by and read the comments you guys posted and he's touched. So here, I would like to thank you all on behalf of him.

Fable Frog said...

*sigh* the reality we all tried to ignore~ may he rest in peace *teary eyed*

Jason said...

Fable Frog,
*Hugs Froggie