Bad V-Day

*Thursday, 14th February 2008*

Today was a bad day for me.

A

I'm in the office as usual, on all computers and TV to catch up with last night's news in the US region. Then I take a look on the daily report and my heart skipped a beat.

I oversold a client's shares. He wanted to sell 100 shares only. But I entered 10,000 shares.

The next moment, my fingers ran across the calculator as fast as it could, trying to come out with the oversold amount. And my heart skipped another beat.

The rule is, if oversold the shares, the dealer representative will be required to buy back the excess shares with 10 bids higher. So if the share closed at 12.00, ten bids will be 13.00 (shares more than RM10 are ten cents per movement. RM 0.10 x 10 = RM1.00. So RM 12.00 + RM 1.00 = RM 13.00)

9900 * (13.00 - previous sell price, 11.60) = 13,860

My boss lose RM 13,860, exclude commissions.

So I'm in limbo the whole day, like waiting for Death god to come and take my soul away.

B



Click here for lyric.

Isn't he cute in white shirt and white pants?

But then... today is the first time I felt so down while listening to it and eventually, I cried.

Where is the "shoulder of comfort" when you needed one?

12 comments:

Alex said...

Oh my.... I hope you're ok..... *hugs*

Ganymede said...

*hugs

Why la you listen to such song now? I also cry tau...

adrien said...

oh dear dear. stay strong. i'm here rooting for ya! :)

Sam said...

*big hugs hugs*

Sorry you having such a lousy day. Hope you manage to buy back the shares soon. Will buy you ice-cream when I see you to cheer you up. :)

Janvier said...

Aiks. How did things go? Keep the comfort food near ok?

*Hugs*

Jason said...

Thank you guys for the comfort words. Feeling better today but still worried.

William said...

There's always a shoulder to cry on. Glad things are OK for now. **hugs**

Medie007 said...

ack.. the vido no more availabe. :S

cheer up cheer up... u'll be fine. :D

Jason said...

William,
Hugs back.

AhBong,
Video still available. Thanks.

Will said...

Hey babe,

As far as work goes...we all make mistakes, that's why we have the word "mistakes" in the language. :P Your boss has made his share of them too, and hopefully he's a good guy and remembers that fact. When something like this happens, good people (like you) feel bad, but then we get past it and move on and in the end, we survive. So hang in there.

And as for the shoulder of comfort...I wish I could have given you a big hug last week. Stupid Pacific Ocean, getting in the way!

Zyklon22 said...

Wow. I hope things turn out ok for you.

Jason said...

Will,
Thanks a lot Bill, that's so sweet of you. I'm felt better now especially after the case is solved.

Zyklon,
Hey there, long time no see. Thanks dude. :)