Sister, the Ranter

*Saturday, 17th May 2008*

It was mom's 60th birthday last Thursday (15th May) but I'm stuck here because of work. Anyway, sis texted me on Thursday, saying that she came back home to celebrate with mom and they're going out for dinner.

I called home after work and had a brief talk with mom, updating her a bit on myself here.

While I was having my dinner alone that night, sis texted me again, continuosly.

"Really can't stand your family anymore. Everyone come all the way from home to this restaurant in Pasir Putih but they ordered steam fish la, belacan kangkung la and the roadside stall dishes. If want to order those, why come so far to this restaurant? Your brother's girlfriend bought her present, she say troublesome. I bought her a shirt, sharing with your brother, she say not nice. Sometimes really feel fed up with them. Really don't know what to say."

I text her back.

"Aiya, never mind lah, as long as they like it, then okay loh. No need to have really expensive food."

When I read it again afterward, I think it's too brief. Maybe because it's not the first time she rants to me about home or maybe because I'm eating!

"You know what I had with my last half portion of my rice? Those garnishing cucumber slices and tomatoes dipped in soy sauce and bird's eye chillies."


.......

That sounds bad.

"Ok lah, then next year no need to go out and celebrate. Just eat at home. Done."

Few minutes later...

"Wei, when you come back next week, you decide on what to buy for her la. Here already got 2 boxes of bird's nest and one box of chicken essence. If buy bird's nest, don't buy those ready to drink ones."

Conclusion?
Eventhough she said that she's fed up, but she never stop talking about mom. :)

10 comments:

savante said...

Aiks. You missed mama's dinner!

Glog said...

Oh so your mum is 60???
Well, turning to be childish i la...

The chinese saying "hou but dui sum" or in direct translation... Mouth and heart's intent don't match...

Moral... She loves it...

William said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
William said...

Mums will always be mums. But sometimes it makes things so much easier we just spoke the truth and not hide behind words.

Ganymede said...

There can only be one ranter and that would be ME! :P

Shake Trees said...

think mummy not feel gud cos youngest son not home kua. she aledi 60 ma. must treat ur parents gud u know when they're still ard. dont regret dat later. being there is aledi the best present for her. gip her a kiss n hug so dat she will n still remembers. koala wishes ur mum always happy n healthy yah :) when u go back home, have a safe journey.

Jason said...

Savante,
Yes yes, I know.

Glog,
I supposed you're right :)

William,
That sounds hard. :S

QR,
Chey....

Koala,
I'm the eldest actually. Thanks a lot.

Medie007 said...

well.. you guys are a family wat... :D it's not natural to have someone in the house who doesn't complain, or rant.

Janvier said...

Haha family sure got things to complain one lah. Like you said lor your sis never stop talking about ye mum but can also see that yer whole family got take effort to do something nice for mum...

...you wait one day your mum decides to spend Mother's Day over here in KL with you, want to stay at Your Little Sanctuary see how her boy is doing, who is his friends etc etc...

Jason said...

AhBong,
Hm... I don't remember I ranted :p

Janvier,
Ack!