Trip Back Home

*Tuesday, 17th July 2007*

I promised my mom that I'll be back home once a month. And I should have did that earlier this month (6th July) but bus tickets were sold out. Left me with no option, I bought my tickets for the following week.

There was a severe traffic jam which extended for about a kilometre while the bus approaching Tanjung Malim for some unknown reasons.

The first familiar sight as the bus left the toll plaza were car plates started with the alphabet "A". Latest combination letters was AGC. When I left a month earlier, it was AGB.

Ipoh doesn't change much. Probably changing, but in a very slow pace. So slow, one could never realise it. But there's things changed at home.

My aquarium, which I have abandoned after I left, was full of life again, thanks to my brother. And then, I notice a packet of medic on the cabinet. I flipped it and saw dad's name on it. One for hypertension and another for cholesterol.

........

Tummy doesn't feel like wanna have any food but I insist to have a late dipper (combine dinner and supper, you get dipper!) followed by shower. Then I took out a black bag containing my PS2. Both the bag and PS2 were presents from G. Dusts gathered. I wipe it. Still dusty. Wipe again. Still dusty... Duh...
Anyway, I stayed till around 3am that night, trying to finish my "mission" in Lord of The Rings: The Third Age.

I was at home the next day, didn't go anywhere. Saturday is still a working day for most of the companies here, unlike KL. Re-play (re-continue actually) the game Devil May Cry 2 and got stucked half way. Disc scratched. Threw it aside and re-play (re-continue actually) Final Fantasty XII. Stopped half way few months ago after getting fed-up with the new battle system, it's too complicated for a lazy gamer like me. But this time, I find it much better. Did I became smarter or my brain cells starting to working properly after I moved to KL? Supposed to meet Jeffrey, Eddie and the rest that night but none gave me a call.

Went out for lunch with Shim, Vincent and others on Sunday noon. A rather bad lunch though. Back home, mom prepared some things for me to bring back to KL. Two sardine buns, one tub of "frosted ginseng roots" and a small bottle of Ribena concentrate. And on top of it, I threw in a few shirts. Luckily I've brought my luggage bag with me. *grin*

Dad drop me at the station around 6.20pm. Farewell, Ipoh. See you next month. :)

4 comments:

savante said...

Why go only once a month? Your parents would miss you dearly, I'm sure :)

Jason said...

Hi Paul,

I would love to do it more often, probably twice a month but the journey back is a horrendous one as I'm not driving. Imagine taking cab to LRT station -> LRT to bus station. Not to mention you gotta squeeze like sardines inside the train...

Janvier said...

Yay, a gaymer!

Jason said...

Hi Janvier,

LOL, you're gaymer too? :P