Drifting

*Friday, 25th April 2008*

Last week, I took one day off on Friday and went back to hometown to see my parents.

I should be feeling relaxed (no work for 3 days). But I'm bored actually. The only good things I found at home were everyone's healthy, mom's cooking and Asian Food Channel. So I text-ed my friends.

"Hi guys and girls, I'm back in Ipoh. Any plan tonight? Wanna go for karaoke?"

It has been the longest time since my last trip to karaoke after I shifted to KL.

The karaoke joint in Ipoh can't be compared to those in KL. No LCD TV, small room. But the good thing is - cheap. RM34.50 per pax for 6 hours + 2 fruit platters, 4 jugs of drinks, 2 tidbits and 4 bottles of sparkling juice (it doesn't make sense, I know but I don't care much).

Vincent's voice improved a lot and he obviously been following most of the latest released tracks. Marisa, after gave birth to her first daughter in January, haven't been to any karaoke session but still good at it. My ex... well, he just sat there and do nothing.

Day two, met up with Defiant and La FagHag for foodcrawl. The most interesting day of the weekend. We practically teasing and commenting on every lalas we saw in Ipoh Parade. Fun.

But Ipoh is slowly drifting further from me.

No more catching up with my gay ex-schoolmate.
No more meeting up with the guys I knew.
No idea where are the new eateries located.
No more places to hang out for me. Old Town Kopitiam again? No, thanks.

Or maybe it's just me.

5 comments:

Janvier said...

Awww. Doesn't feel like home anymore kah?

You now belong to KL City. :P

William said...

Ingatkan Initial-D. Haha. It's called "moving on"?

Sam said...

Yes, you're one of the KL-ites now. :P

M|key^^ said...

Tot u went to watch Evolusi KL Drift tim :x

Ipoh is oredi part of ur memory... some day u will miss it :)

Jason said...

Janvier,
My pleasure :P

William,
Misleading title huh?

Sam,
Yay! Any certificate?

Mikey,
Eee... prefer Initial D. Yeah, I think/feel so too.