The Comment That Makes Me Cry

*Thursday, 17th April 2008*

A blogger friend of mine went for company trip to Egypt last week and extended her trip till next week. So, in the meantime, I became her "guest blogger". I basically just need to login using her account, publish the posts she had arranged based on date and moderate the comments.

One night, I was reading the comments her readers sent in, when I came across one with the sentence "Do not post this...". Apparently, it was from her sister.

I didn't mean to spy on other people's stuff but in order for me to know whether the comment is appropriate to be published or not, I need to read it, correct?

"I remember dad loves to hold mom's hand or sometimes put his arm over mom's shoulder. He was a loving man. I wonder what is dad up to now. Really miss the old chap very much. Every time I read your post about dad, I cried..."

*The actual comment was differ a little from the above. I hope she's not angry with me for putting this up.

I don't know about you, but for me, being a son, I hardly miss my family. Unlike my sister (or probably most of the daughters), she will call home to chat with mom, update her on recent happenings at college. If mom's busy at the moment, she'll leave message and ask mom to return her call.

Being gay, it's unlikely we will have children of our own but in case I wanna have an adopted child in the future, I might consider to get a girl.

I will be away from tomorrow. Going back to see my parents. :)
And I just realised that Mother's Day and Father's Day are around the corner.

Have a nice weekend.

*I wanna watch My Father! Anyone got the DVD?

11 comments:

savante said...

You don't miss your parents?! :O

William said...

So detached.

Little Prince said...

so sweet.
... william you didn't ask him huh? now see he is running away... -_-

Ganymede said...

I thought you're coming back to see me~~~

*sob sob

Jason said...

Savante,
Err... nope.

William,
-_-

DanielHenry,
Me running away? From?

QR,
-_-"

Unknown said...

Honestly i don't miss my family also. I mean, i don't hate them but i guess there's only care and not love among us...

Lifebook said...

Wah.. you spy!?!

Little Prince said...

nah we just wanted to go dinner thing. wanna kidnap you and feed you lots. :D

Sam said...

As long as we remember how truly important our parents are - we're good. :)

Glog said...

Well, I am basically getting further away from my dad...
He is getting old and much angrier and doesn't talk well especailly to me... I still love him but its hard to communicate...

But i adore my mum, yeah with our differences, we can chat on the phone even though i am meeting her at night as well...

Jason said...

Daohui,
Same as me lor.

Lifebook,
I'm a stalker, remember?

DanielHenry,
Thank kiu so much! *teary-eyes*

Sam,
:)

Glog,
Usually, it's harder to communicate with the dad. My dad doesn't even nag!