Braving The Rain

*Thursday, 27th December 2007*

As some of you knew, I'm having a bad sore throat since Malacca trip and it got worse yesterday. I took 3 Strepsils Extra Strong lozenges but not helping at all. So after work, I went back home, showered and decided to go see the doctor. That's when the sky started to roar, wind howling and before long, followed by a heavy downpour.

As the pain was unbearable and I still have to attend the food bloggers's gathering tomorrow, I grabbed my umbrella, house keys and off I went to the other side of the neighbourhood. Dinner was not in my mind that time.

It's been a very very long time since I braved the rain, I must say. When I was still in secondary school, I used to walked home after got down from the bus, in the rain as the bus stopped too far from my house. Boys are skeptical about their appearance, so we don't bring umbrella with us in the school bag.

Imagine this.

As you braved the rain with your small umbrella (constantly shaking due to the wind), the rain splashes and wet half of your cargo pants. Wind blewing furiously, bringing rain droplets to your skin and face. Some areas of the street were partially submerged in water and when you stepped on them, your feet and sandals all wet and slimey. It's cold. Very cold.

rain



At the moment, I somehow wished that I'm in a car instead of walking. I wished that my shelter for the moment is a car, not an umbrella. I wished that there's someone I loved be there for me when I'm sick. And I wished that he'll embraced me with his warm, strong arms as he hugged me to sleep when I'm sick.

Can't imagine that? Try this. Go outside your house while raining heavily with a small umbrella and stand there for 15 minutes. Wear your simplest clothes and pants.

I'm under medication now, hope that it'll get better by tomorrow.

Shall back to work. Have a nice day ahead.

8 comments:

William said...

Yes, umbrellas are pretty useless in our torrential rains. Either they get blown away or the rain comes at you at weird angles. Heh.

Someone needs some lovin'!

**hugs**

Janvier said...

Why bother with umbrella! We experienced being in downpours before, thankfully those times electronics like handphones were rare.

We don't mind getting caught in torrential rain as long as we don't have to worry about our things being damaged, and we don't have to get in a car while we're drenched.

Bracing.

savante said...

Awwww... poor boy!

Hope you get well soon! I think you'd better stay home rather than go to floggers.

Alex said...

Get well soon! Stay at home and recuperate.... the flogging can wait..

Sam said...

Hope you get well soon, you. Don't like it when you sick - even seeing you the other night sniffle also worries me.

Jason said...

William,
About the rain - true!
About need lovin' - true! :P

Janvier,
Wahh... I can't just walk in the rain without shelther right?

Savante,
Thanks but the gathering... must go. :)

Alex,
Thanks :)

Sam,
I have sensitive nose. Can't sleep in strong air cond room.

Anonymous said...

get well soon

and remember to get a bigger

umbrella ella ella eh eh eh :P

Jason said...

Jin,
LOL! Same to you too.