Dahil Sa 'Yo

*Wednesday, 19th November 2008*

"Hey, I'm having a performance at a wedding dinner at Glenmarie Holiday Inn on Sunday, you wanna come along and help us to take photo? There will be food serve too, the bridegroom reserved a table for us."

That's what Xavier texted me on last Saturday. I agreed to it and I found myself sitting in the ballroom of Holiday Inn the next evening.

Together with Daemon and his fellow members of his singing group, Xavier performed a total of eight songs (if I'm not mistaken) in different languages such as Hokkien, English and Philippines, all in acapella.

I like the particular fourth song, which is a relaxing classic Philippines love ballad called Dahil Sa 'Yo or Dahil Sa Iyo (Because of You). I tried to find a good rendition of it and was shocked that there's another song with the same name out there, performed by many different artistes.

After sorting them out, here are the two different rendition.

Dahil Sa 'Yo - The Lettermen


Dahil Sa 'Yo Jazz Version - Charlie Green


Dahil Sa Iyo (Because of You)

Dahil sa 'yo, nais kong mabuhay (Because of you, I want to live)
Dahil sa 'yo, hanggang mamatay (Because of you, until I die)
Dapat mong tantuin wala ng ibang giliw (You must know, you're my only love)
Puso ko'y tanungin, ikaw at ikaw rin. (Search my heart, it's you and only you.)

Dahil sa 'yo, ako'y lumigaya (Because of you, joy came into my life)
Pagmamahal ay alayan ka (Undying love I offer to you)
Kung tunay man ako ay alipinin mo (Can this be true, I am under your spell)
*Ang lahat sa buhay ko'y dahil sa 'yo
*Ang lahat sa buhay ko'y dahil sa 'yo
Ang lahat nang ito'y dahil sa 'yo (All that I am, is because of you)
Ang lahat nang ito'y dahil sa 'yo. (All that I am, is because of you)

9 comments:

savante said...

Fuyooh. Romantisnya.

Anonymous said...

Nat King Cole sang a live version, very nice too.

the singing tea

Fable Frog said...

Jazz version better!

Mr.D said...

quite nice

.:: Ant ::. said...

Simple lyrics....but damn, very touching too! Thanks for sharing ya :)

Rusty said...

Geee a young boy like you like this song? He he I used to listen to the version sung by Francis Yip years ago when my aunt used to play. Brings back fond memories.

Jason said...

Savante,
Romantis for the couple hor.

Tea,
Kinda weird lo. Prefer Lettermen's.

Froggie,
By a kid! ^^

Darren,
:)

Anton,
You're welcome.

Rusty,
I think I found the Francis Yip's version too...

William said...

Tagalog love song!

Chris said...

Hmm... both also not bad...