Food, Food And More Food

*Wednesday, 9th July 2008*

I have been doing freelance food review for a local food portal organization for the past few months. They make arrangement with a particular establishment and I'll go there to sample their food, take pictures, do interviews and come up with the article to be publish on the site. So far, I have came up with 6-7 articles on different restaurants, all done voluntarily.

I got an email from them 2 days ago. Apparently, they wanna do coverage on our local street/hawker food as well and they picked me for the task. Their reasons were "cos I did a good job on article writing" and "my astounding food photography skills".

WTH.

Well, it's not that I rejected them. I accepted. But I seriously don't think that my photography skill was that amazing. I'm just an amateur with a 5 megapixel compact digital camera. No cash to buy DSLR (anyone care to donate? :p )

Anyway, I digress. According to the mail, I got RM 100/month as subsidy for the task too (the guy just SMS-ed me that they banked in the money to my account). Not quite sufficient but hey, I got paid. And I'm free to do whatever I want; no fixed article submission, no time constrain, no particular preference.

More reason to give my "mutant" friends (I'm starting to use this word again) a dinner treat. =)

14 comments:

Fable Frog said...

you are so dedicated in taking photos of the food~ try until you got the perfect shot~ so patient. Kalau i~ food arrived 2 second habis i hantam! so you deserved it~ getting paid some more~ bravo! See? i praise so much, must remember me when got free food tasting next time~!! LOL *wink*wink*

Sam said...

Yay, you can bring us eating again. :P Or you can buy us dinner in Bangkok. *wink wink*

Jason said...

Froggie,
Hahaha... too bad it's too dark at Attic. Habis my shots >.<

Sam,
Erm... Buy dinner in BKK, the RM100 sure gone faster than wind (with the others around!) :P

Just kidding.

savante said...

Does that mean I'm a mutant too! Go X-Men.

Janvier said...

Oh, RM100/month? We thought it was RM100/article. :P

Jason said...

Savante,
Should be "Go Savante!"

Janvier,
Read lah baik baik :p

Legolas said...

I WANT FREE FOOD!!!

M|key^^ said...

treat me treat me :X

Jason said...

Legolas,
If you're staying in Beijing for another year, I can't help you :P

Mikey,
I'll see how. :)

[chocoley] said...

Aww.. tht wuz xoo sad :( but anyways, [I] hope to see more featured foodie there :X

Medie007 said...

we havent met up since like, forever... *hint hint* :P

William said...

DEAR got privilege mou?

Jason said...

DazedBlu,
Em... featured foodie at where?

AhBong,
Ahem....

William,
DEAR?? Who???

Derek said...

Hi Jason

Ok what, you get paid to do what you like. No deadlines and pressure, sounds like a good deal.