Bunking Bangkok

*Saturday, 5th July 2008*

I'm blogging this from office. Yeah, I'm working today (full shift, 8.30am - 5.00pm) to do some test on the systems. Pretty easy task actually.

On a side note, today marks exactly one week to my third Bangkok trip. Time really flies! I still remembers that I was talking to Alexander on GTalk last December about how nice it would be if the whole gang could gather together and make a trip to somewhere out of Malaysia. Coincidentally, Jin informed us at the same time that AirAsia is having RM6 fare promotion. Upon hearing this, without any hesitant, we decided to make it a reality.

Photobucket
Skyline view of Bangkok from BTS station

Emails been sent to the entire group and feedbacks were good. When talking about traveling, they can act pretty fast, you know...

Hyperion: Hey, should we get the tickets first? I worry that it'll be sold out soon. We can plan about the hotel issue later.

Lifebook: I have booked the ticket. Done..

Janvier: Savante and mine (ours) are booked.

Cheryl: I have done the booking for my partner, William & KH and myself.

Alexander: Jin, Defiant and mine - Done.

Nasser: Booked ours (me + BunnyBan). Left Xavier and Daemon.

Hyperion: What the heck, you guys left me alone!

*Excerpt from Gmail conversations.

So, yeah, there will be approximately 15 of us (14 gays and 1 straight girl). I call it "the historical trip" as I'm pretty sure there will be no more such big group ("gays + bloggers + close friends" combination) to travel along in the future. Everyone will be busy with their own life (promotion, work, families, partner etc). Who knows what will happen in the future.

Photobucket
Traffic jam at Silom Road, Bangkok

Come to think of it, next week's trip is my first holiday trip this year and my third trip to the Land of Smiles. I would love to have more holiday but I can't due to some reasons. And yes, I love Bangkok for the friendly people, authentic Thai food, shopping places, new things to see and ahemmm... the cute guys of course. Maybe because it's also a country of high tolerant on gays, I like it even more.

Visiting a gay tolerant city with close gay friends. I can't wait.

But after this trip, I don't think I'll be coming back again for a period of time... Wish to visit other places such as Langkawi, Hong Kong, Macau and Singapore on my future trips. Anybody wanna join?

Photobucket
Colourful cab parade outside Chatuchak Weekend Market, Bangkok

13 comments:

Ganymede said...

I'll be your first aid kit. Condoms and lubes for everyone~~~

Jason said...

QR,
You can provide to the couples :D

Sam said...

I'm sure you go the Bangkok for the food. Hee hee~

But hey, this line: "Everyone will be busy with their own life (promotion, work, families, partner etc). Who knows what will happen in the future," is no longer applicable to us. It's only applicable to high school mates. :)

Most of us are already working, are taken, and going through most of our promotions, etc. etc. - so if we can still get together like this, I think we can make it. :)

deeperanddeeper said...

WTF! 14 gay boys and 1 str8 girl in an overseas trip! Must be like one of those "rombongan lawatan sambil belajar" thingy.... keke! And I wonder, what kinds of "belajar-ing" can one do in Bangcock?! :p

Mr.D said...

Count me in next time or better still make your next trip destination to Melaka! :P

Jason said...

Sam,
What hee hee... I am going for food :)
Maybe you're right though. Most of us are already working and taken.

D&D,
Belajar lo. Don't think dirty. :P
Did Nivlac send my regards to you the other night?

Darren,
Melaka ah.... not so soon.

Fable Frog said...

:( i wasn't included... boo hoo~ haha, you guys enjoy your trip! MUST report all details after you guys come back!!! can't wait! :D

Ryan said...

Ahh... make sure you enjoy the trip and come back with more stories and photos?

Jason said...

Froggie,
Poor thing... you should have come with us.

Ryan,
Will do :)

Bkkdreamer said...

I hope you enjoy your stay here in Bangkok. You can see the taxis crawling along in that picture, right? They really do go that slow, and Bkk traffic really is that bad. You will have a leisurely time here, I am sure. Just don't hope to get anywhere fast!

William said...

Hope it will be an eventful trip.

Cheryl said...

13 gays, 1 suspected and 1 straight girl :P

Jason said...

BkkDreamer,
BKK traffic is still okay actually :)

William,
Relax and enjoy.

Cheryl,
Em... hahaha, correct.