Contented?

The recent trip to HK really opened my eyes on the cultures of Hongkies. While service at the local char chan teng (coffee shops) are bad, it's an entirely different thing when you stepped into international chain stores like 7-Eleven, Giordano, Levi's etc. So yes, HK is a place to shop but not exactly a good place for food.

Speaking of shopping, I accidentally peeked into my friend's wallet few weeks back and I commented, "Yo, nice wallet." He replied, "LV. 800 bucks".

First, the wallet doesn't have the typical (or should I say, famous?) LV monograph, so I couldn't recognise it at first. But spending a whopping 800 for a wallet???

He: I bought it in Europe few years back. It costs a few hundred cheaper there than here.
Me: Yeah, but still, 800?
He: Sometimes we need to pamper ourselves a bit mah. After you spent it, you'll work harder to earn the money back. That's how you progress further in your career and income, rather than staying stagnant.

Although I'm sorta agree to what he said, I think I need plenty of motivation to push myself to "progress further in my career". Contented with my current state? I think so.

Oh, by the way, I saw a very nice wallet in HK.

14 comments:

William said...

You're back! Well, money isn't everything.

Little Prince said...

guys MUST have a good wallet. because that's where home is to our money. so a bad wallet is like you being in a bad house. your money doesn't like it... it's a NO NO... tsk tsk tsk...

... now what wallet is this~~~ lolz.

Alex said...

Thank you for you're going to give me an LV wallet! after that you can work harder to progress yourself :P

Janvier said...

And we noticed you had a nice new wallet already (although that's before your HK trip!)!

Mr.D said...

I use a 10 ringgit wallet from pasar malam.

savante said...

Not a good place for food? But the food is GREAT! And I did get good service. Just be a lil snotty.

Legolas said...

I'm willing to spend 800 on other things but not wallet.

jason said...

William,
But everything is money! :P

SLP,
Hahahaha!

Alex,
Fuiyo, so smart of you.

Janvier,
It was a bday present! :)

Darren,
Heh.

Savante,
The only good food was the porridge!

Leggie,
Like what?

deeperanddeeper said...

Spend so much money to buy wallet, then no more money left to put in wallet...

Fable Frog said...

But wallet are mostly hidden, apart when we are paying... So ya, i agree with you also lor hehe

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin take up real money.
It gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

OMG! 800 for a wallet? I won't spend that much for a wallet. My new wallet is below RM100 and it's by far the most expensive I've got for myself.

Pamper yourself by spending so you would work harder to earn back the money you spent? This principle will only make you work for eternity. Hahaha!!!

What about savings then if one keeps pampering oneself and to believe this will make one work even harder? Aren't we working hard enough? How much and how fast a raise in our payroll can we get?

Spending can just happen in a second when you pay but to earn it back, you need to wait for the a month to get our salary.

simonlover said...

Haha. Evyone is commenting on the wallet bt i think i will go with ur bad service thingy. Yup. I really like the service in those stores as well. They make u feel welcomed compared to those rude aunties in char chan teng!

Anonymous said...

[b]Supreme Search Engine[/b]

[i]A powerful new search engine on the Net! Find information and websites on the Internet. [/i]

[url=http://www.supremesearch.net]Supreme Search Engine[/url]

[url=http://www.supremesearch.net][img]http://www.supremesearch3000.bravehost.com/Mini.jpg[/img][/url]